- Activities are all free but for the evening RiverTalks
- All take place at Beczak Environmental Education Center, and the Yonkers Pier, just two blocks away. Free and secure parking at Beczak.
- Enjoy the Disney classic Little Toot about "the little tug that could"
- Explore how tugboats work and make your own out of recycled materials
- Take a dockside tour of the Pegasus at the Yonkers Pier
- 1-hour ride on the Pegasus departing the Yonkers Pier. Advance registration only at beczak.org,
- "Hudson River Tugboats" a RiverTalks presentation by Pamela Hepburn, Captain of the Pegasus. Hepburn gives a brief history of tugboats in the New York Harbor and their continuing importance today as well as tells her own story of working her way from tugboat cook and deckhand to captain, then purchasing the hundred year old Pegasus where she lived for several years with her family. Plus Tugs, a documentary short by Jessica Edwards, which includes scenes of the everyday work life on tugs and ends with dramatic images from the 18th annual Great North River Tugboat Race. $10 / $5 for students, teachers, and seniors, includes refreshments.
###CONTACT Lenore Person, Director of Development Cell (914) 420-6864 LPerson@beczak.org