- Gisela Chi´pe, who plays Jane Bennet, Lady Catherine, Lydia, Mary, Georgiana and Jane Austen, comes to Capital Rep with a long list of credits that include roles at Asolo Repertory Theatre, Syracuse Stage, Actors Theatre of Louisville and Shakespeare companies across the country.
- Colin Ryan plays Mr. Bennet, Mr. Wickham and five other roles. Heehe received his MFA from The Shakespeare Theatre's Academy for Classical Acting in Washington D.C., and has numerous Shakespearean roles to his credit in New York as well as in many regional theatres.
- Aubrey Saverino portrays the novel's heroine, Elizabeth Bennet. She brings a wealth of experience from both coasts in plays such as The Next Room, Wit, Wittenberg, The Madness of King George and leading roles in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, Henry IV and King Lear.
- Michele Tauber, who plays Mrs. Bennet, Charlotte, Miss deBourgh and Mrs. Gardiner, is a veteran of regional theatre throughout the United States, including Barrington Stage's See How They Run this season, and numerous roles in NY at theatres including The Mint Theatre, Phoenix Theatre Ensemble and The Acting Company.
- New to the company is Nick Dillenburg, who has the arduous task of playing the infamous romantic lead, Mr. Darcy, as well as the nebbish suitor, Mr. Collins. Mr. Dillenburg's varied theatre credits include Orlando in As You Like It for The Acting Company, Birthday Boy at Berkshire Theatre Festival and Edmond in Long Day's Journey Into Night for New Repertory Theatre, to name only a few.
Capital Repertory Theatre
111 North Pearl St., Albany, NY 12207
Box Office: 518-445-SHOW (7469)
Capital Repertory Theatre is a professional, not-for-profit cultural organization with a mission to create meaningful theatre generated by an authentic link to the community it serves. Capital Rep is also the only member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT) within fourteen counties of the Upper Hudson-Mohawk Valley.
"In all programs and services, Capital Repertory Theatre reflects its mission, embracing its community as a source of inspiration, creating opportunities for people from every social, ethnic, and economic background and every generation to expand horizons of thought and understanding of the human condition through the power of theatre."
- At a Glance -Production: Pride@Prejudice: a romantic deconstruction Author: By Daniel Elihu Kramer from the novel by Jane Austen Directed by: Ron Bashford (bio attached) CAST Nick Dillenburg. Gisela Chipe. Colin Ryan. Aubrey Saverino. Michele Tauber. PERFORMANCE DATES Sept. 28 - Oct. 28. Show closes on Oct. 28 Previews: Sept. 28-30 Press Opening: Oct. 2, 7:30PM. Complimentary dessert/champagne toast post-show PERFORMANCE TIMES Tues-Thurs. 7:30PM Fri/Sat: 8PM Sat matinee: 3PM Sun matinee: 2PM Wed matinee: October 10, 2PM SPECIAL EVENTS
- Opening Night
- 7:30PM curtain.
- 6:30PM - pre-show music in lobby/post-show dessert/champagne toast with artists;
- Chef's Table - featuring complimentary hors d'oeuvres for all patrons from both Yono's dp and McGeary's Irish Pub. Service begins at 6:30PM in the lobby;
- Discussion Nights: Wed, Oct. 10 & Oct. 17, post-show discussion with artists
- MOHU week Oct 9 - 13: Free pre-show performances by MOPCo improvisation troupe in the lobby Tues, Thurs 6:45 - 7:15; Fri., Sat. 7:15 - 7:40, Wed., Oct. 10, 5:30 - 7PM - pre-show music and free cookies with Yono's pastry chef, Joan Dembinski. Free and open to the public.
- Behind the Scenes with Maggie: Sunday, Oct. 21, 1:10-1:30PM. In the theatre. Pre-show presentation with complimentary continental breakfast (food service begins at 12:45PM).