New Collaborative Holiday Celebration Taking Place on Dec. 2, 9 and 16, 2017
Niagara Falls, N.Y. - Representatives from the City of Niagara Falls, NY, and its leading tourism and entertainment venues came together Tuesday morning at the Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center to announce Jingle Falls USA, a new collaborative holiday celebration taking place on three Saturdays – Dec. 2, 9 and 16, 2017.
After months of community-wide preparation, Jingle Falls USA is a mix of new and existing daylong holiday activities that appeal to people of all ages. Although some programming is the same each week, the group has also planned different programming to help attract guests back each of the three Saturdays, with morning, afternoon and evening activities planned each day. Some activities already planned are:
- Evening outdoor illuminations along Old Falls Street, USA, Third Street, Niagara Falls State Park and at NFFD Fire Houses
- “Gingerbread Wonderland,” the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute’s life-sized gingerbread house, visits with Santa Claus, cookie decorating, demonstrations and other children’s activities (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays - Nov. 25 through Dec. 23)
- A Holiday Vendor Marketplace within The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls – Dec. 2, 9 and 16
- Free Horse & Carriage Rides along Old Falls Street, USA – Dec. 2, 9 and 16
- Free Parking on Downtown City Streets and City Parking Lots, provided by the City of Niagara Falls – Dec. 2, 9 and 16
- Food Vendors and Fire Pits along Old Falls Street and at Seneca Square – Dec. 2, 9 and 16
- Breakfast with Santa at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute – Dec. 2
- Ice Carving Demonstrations outside the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute – Dec. 2
- A first-ever Community Candlelight Stroll from Niagara Falls City Hall to Seneca Square to light the Christmas Tree, with music led by Michael Cavanaugh – Dec. 2
- Niagara Police Athletic League’s 5K Run and Basket Auction – Dec. 9
- Santa’s Arrival on Old Falls Street by Rainbow Air Helicopter and photo opportunities with Live Reindeer on Old Falls Street - Dec. 9
- #LiveNF Makers Market on Third Street – Dec. 9
- Old Falls Street will host a special “Frozen” Outdoor Movie Night – Dec. 9
- A Toy Train Show at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute – Dec. 16
- Outdoor Street Hockey Tournament – Dec. 16
- Live Music by Mr. Max (sponsored by the Sheraton At The Falls) and a Fireworks Display (sponsored by the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission) - Dec. 16
- Student carolers from the Niagara Falls City School District
- Much More!
“We hope that we are able to grow Jingle Falls USA into annual tradition for years to come,” said Spectra’s Jason Murgia, general manger of Old Falls Street USA and The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls. “We are encouraged by the commitment of our community partners and area stakeholders who have come together in order to bring festive holiday programming to our downtown area this season. We hope that once others hear our plans, they will decide to join us in additional holiday planning this year.”
Julie Gilbert, Destination Niagara USA’s vice president of marketing & brand management said, “We are proud to be a part of this community effort and excited to take the lead on marketing and promoting Jingle Falls USA. This is an excellent opportunity to draw not only residents of Western New York to downtown Niagara Falls, but also visitors in a typically slower time of year for tourists.”
“We are very excited to be part of this collaboration and hope that it will further enhance Niagara Falls’ reputation as a destination for winter fun,” said Barbara DeSimone, acting public relations director of Niagara County Community College. “We are thrilled to be able to showcase our Culinary Institute’s Gingerbread Wonderland signature event alongside the programming offered on Old Falls Street.”
“We are excited to be alongside our community partners and participate in this new holiday event for Niagara Falls.” said Patrick Bassney, General Manager, Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino.
There are also contests to enter including the Social Media Contest, inviting guests to share their photos taken during Jingle Falls USA using #JingleFalls. One winner will receive an overnight package to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino. In addition, the Downtown Niagara Falls Business Association is encouraging guests to eat and drink in area restaurants to enter to win a trip for two on Rainbow Air Helicopters next summer season.
Organizations who have come together to create this initiative are the City of Niagara Falls, NY, Niagara Falls Community Development, Old Falls Street USA, The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls State Park, Destination Niagara USA, #LiveNF, Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino, Downtown Niagara Falls Business Association, Discover Niagara Shuttle, Rainbow Air Helicopter Tours, Niagara Falls Board of Education, Niagara Falls Fire Department, Niagara Police Athletic League, Sheraton At The Falls, and the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission.
“The City of Niagara Falls is proud to partner with this dedicated group of community leaders who have worked tirelessly to help get Niagara Falls into the holiday spirit this season," said Mayor Paul A. Dyster. "With many exciting, family-friendly activities planned and more still to announce, it is my hope that this inaugural Jingle Falls season is just the beginning of a growing and successful community-wide celebration for years to come.”
For more information or to view the current Jingle Falls USA schedule, visit www.JingleFallsUSA.com. Guests are encouraged to visit the site often, as more activities will be finalized prior to the Dec. 2 opening date.