Esperance, NY - The Vernal Equinox marks the time when the sun crosses directly over the Earth's equator and signals the official start of Spring in the northern hemisphere. Although there is no shortage of rituals surrounding the coming of spring, this year the Landis Arboretum initiates a tradition of its own. Join us with your friends and associates Sunday March 22 from noon to 3 p.m. for the Arboretum's own passage into Spring with a little March madness at our special brunch and auction. Seasonal music with special guests, the Oak Hill Kitchen Merrymakers. A sample of the musical fare is available on the Oak Hill website (http://www.oakhillkitchen.com/Welcome.html)
- Tickets are only $25/person. A limited number of tables of 8 are only $175.
- The Arboretum's Rite of Spring is conveniently located at the Holiday Inn Express, just off I-88 Exit 23/Schoharie -- a short and beautiful drive from anywhere in the Capital District.
- Gather in the warmth and laughter of friends and associates at the Arboretum's first annual Arboretum Rite of Spring Brunch & Auction. Can there be a better time to throw off the weight of winter and embrace the seasons ahead?
- Choose from an abundance of live and silent auction items from regional businesses and crafters presented by popular area auctioneer and Landis friend Randy Passonno, President of Collar City Auction & Realty Management, Inc.
- Share your pride and delight by sharing your table with friends and associates.
- Surprise special friends with a gift membership! Because membership has its privileges, Arboretum members are invited to welcome new members for a special Rite of Spring enrollment of only $35/person -- or three new memberships for $100. Offer limited to Rite of Spring event only and does not apply for membership renewals.
- Embrace those who have embraced our Arboretum and who support our efforts through there advertisements in our Newsletters. Think of them first and often as purveyors of quality goods and services. Tell them we sent you. Yes. Do support those who support us - throughout the year.
- Join Trustee Donna Vincent and the Rite of Spring Brunch & Auction Committee (Barbara Brabetz, Gail Browning, Anne Donnelly, and Marcie Reiff at this sure-to-be Arboretum classic. The time for New Beginnings is at hand.