Skaneateles, N.Y. - Lockwood Farm will kick off the 5th Annual Finger Lakes Lavender Festival on July 14th and 15th. This free admission 2 day event will be from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. With just a short drive from the hustle and bustle of city life, the Lavender Festival is a perfect day in the country. Not only is this event a celebration of all the wonders of lavender, but also an event that knits together local, talented artisans. The festival offers outstanding photographic opportunities throughout the grounds and at the presentations. While at the Festival:
- Stroll through fragrant fields.
- Harvest your own bouquet of fresh lavender.
- Enjoy culinary delights and the work of local artists and hand-crafters.
- Shop our lavender market.
- Learn how to grow and harvest lavender and make your own lavender wands.
- Demonstrations on how to spin wool, felting and sheep shearing.
- Attend presentations on beekeeping, photography, growing herbs, cooking and so much more!