New York Ski Areas Bring Snow to Manhattan's Union Square Thursday, February 9, 2012 New York, N.Y. -- Residents of New York and media are invited to enjoy a winter wonderland and explore some of the exhilarating winter activities that New York State has to offer. The Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA), Ski Areas of New York (SANY), and I Love New York are bringing in tons of snow to Union Square to remind New Yorkers that the mountains of New York are covered with fresh and man-made snow. This snow day, Thursday, February 9th, is being hosted to encourage New Yorkers to get out and enjoy the outdoors during the winter months. New Yorkers are invited to come out and enjoy the snow and learn about all the States' winter destinations, from downhill and cross-country skiing to snowmobiling, ziplining, snowshoeing and more. ORDA will be trucking in tons of fresh snow, utilizing the latest snow-making technology to create this incredible winter wonderland. This Union Square event will feature:
- Burton Riglet Park, where children ages three to six can test ride snowboards and learn the basics of snowboarding; instructors will tow kids on snow features and around obstacles to introduce them to the fun of snowboarding.
- Fresh from receiving a bronze medal for his video part in Winter X Games Real Snow, professional snowboarder Pat Moore will be on-site to talk about snowboarding. Pat holds "Highest Air" honors in the quarterpipe at the Oakley Stylemasters in China, the Abominable Snow Jam and the U.S. Open. Flying in style won him "Best Trick" for a massive 20-foot McTwist at the Arctic Challenge.
- Red Bull's street team will be giving away a pair of custom skis, movies, shirts, and more.
- Skiing and snowboarding experts from ORDA, I LOVE NY, SANY/I SKI NY, and the mountains of Hunter, Gore, Whiteface, Windham, Belleayre and Mountain Creek will be available to talk about the quality and technological advances of snowmaking, New York's 50-plus ski destinations and New York's winter activities across the state.
- Ski Areas of New York I-87 Corridor Resorts include: Thunder Ridge, Tuxedo Ridge, Belleayre, Plattekill, Hunter, Windham, Catamount, West, Willard, Gore, Hickory Hill, Maple Ski Ridge, Mt. Peter, Greek Peak and Whiteface
# # #CONTACT: M. SILVER ASSOCIATES Tel: (212)-754-6500 Melanie Klausner, ext. 243 Melanie@msilver-pr.com