- The Wild Center at Tupper Lake will be open March 17, 23 and 24 for Tap Time 2013. On March 16, get a jump start on maple weekend and enjoy crafts, tastings, a free pancake breakfast and Maple Seminar. Learn how to tap in your own backyard and what it takes to be a maple producer.
- 1812 Homestead Farm & Museum in Willsboro is open March 23 for tours. Visit the sugarhouse and enjoy demonstrations that show how Native Americans made maple syrup. Experience the collective heritage of New York maple syrup at this restored historic house on Long Pond.
- Park Family Maple Farm is West Chazy is open both Maple Weekends and will offer pancake breakfasts, horse drawn wagon rides, complimentary maple coffee and historic sugaring demonstrations. Nearby, Bechard's Sugar House in West Chazy is offering tours of their sugarhouse, demonstrations, tastings and more March 16, 27 and 23.
- Cornell University-Uihlein Forest in Lake Placid is open both Maple Weekends, offering guided tours of the entire syrup production process, beginning in the sugar bush and ending in the sugarhouse with the final product.
- McComb's Oak Hill Farm in Speculator will be open both Maple Weekends and will offer maple sugar tree-tapping demonstrations.
- Toad Hill Maple Farm in Thurman will be open both Maple Weekends, offering tours of their new maple kitchen, homemade samples and an array of maple treats in their gift shop.
###Contact: Rebecca Steffan (518) 523-9258 Rebecca@inphorminc.com