Mumford, N.Y. -- Spend time enjoying the outdoors with family and friends, try some sweet maple treats, and explore the trails at the Nature Center. The Historic Village will have craft and cooking demonstrations by costumed interpreters, plus tales of maple lore told by Haudenosaunee storytellers. Genesee Country Village & Museum has Maple-themed activities of all kinds this March at Maple Sugar Festival and Pancake Breakfast, March 19-21 and 26-28, from 10 am-3 pm each day. Tickets are pre-sale only, and available online now at gcv.org. Support provided by Market New York through I LOVE NY/ New York State’s Division of Tourism as a part of the Regional Economic Development Council awards.
Maple Sugar Festival and Pancake Breakfast
· Walk the Maple History Trail to see how syrup production has evolved through time and taste authentic sugar on snow
· Visit our working sugarhouse to see a modern sap evaporator in action
· Shop for maple products made on-site, including maple cotton candy, maple sugar candy, maple cream, and maple syrup
· Take home a growler of limited-edition Maple Fat Ox Ale, in addition to the Museum’s other custom ales
· Tour the Historic Village to see demonstrations of various trades and crafts, including tin-smithing, coopering, cooking, and meat preservation, plus many more
· Hear Haudenosaunee Storytellers speak about the origins of maple sugar
· Grab a snack at the Depot Restaurant, including maple-bacon pizza
· Check out historic maple recipes on our social media platforms with #GCVMaple
· Enjoy an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast with real NYS maple syrup, sausage, milk, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, plus pancakes made with New Hope Mills pancake mix (separate pre-sale ticket required)
Genesee Country Village & Museum, the largest living history museum in New York State, and the third largest in the nation.
Maple Sugar Festival and Pancake Breakfast: Weekends, March 19-21 and 26-28, 10 am-3 pm. Breakfast served 9:30 am-12:30 pm each day. Festival admission: Age 13 & above: $12 General Admission / $10 GCV&M Members, Ages 3-12: $10 General Admission / $8 GCV&M Members. All children 2 & under are FREE! Breakfast Admission: Age 13 & above: $12 per person, Ages 3-12: $10. All children 2 & under are FREE! Festival and Breakfast tickets are separate and pre-sale only, at https://www.gcv.org/events/maple/
Genesee Country Village & Museum
1410 Flint Hill Road, Mumford NY 14511
New York State is one of the world’s top producers of maple sugar products. At GCV&M, experience the history as well as the future of maple harvesting in New York, and enjoy many of the delicious maple products produced on-site each year.
Visit gcv.org for more info.
Jen VanRy, (585) 294-8280
Becky Wehle, (585) 330-7267