- Taking the free Staten Island Ferry offers some of the best views of the New York Harbor and Manhattan skyline, and is a convenient way to visit Staten Island.
- For an authentic Sri Lankan dining experience with great ambience, head to neighborhood favorites Lak Bojun, Lakruwana or Sanrasa Restaurant. Local takeout spot New Asha is known for serving national specialties, such as rice and curry. Lanka Grocery is the go-to spot for Sri Lankan teas, spices and fruits, as well as CDs, newspapers and other goods from the island.
- Tompkinsville is also home to restaurants serving American bistro and Spanish cuisines. A few blocks from the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, 120 Bay Cafe serves everything from crab cakes and burgers to classic New York strip steaks. Gatsby's on the Bay serves upscale traditional American fare. Tapas offers a menu of small plates and turns up the music at night, making it a favorite spot for dancing.
- For cultural events in Tompkinsville, look no further than Deep Tanks Studio, the Staten Island LGBT Community Center or NYC Arts Cypher.
- Silver Lake Park offers visitors and residents the chance to head outside and experience Staten Island's natural beauty.
About NYC & Company: NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For more information, visit nycgo.com. -30-