Northeast’s Premier Fishing, Hunting and Travel Event Returns to Rockland County Community College Welcoming Experienced Outdoor Enthusiasts and Newcomers Alike
Suffern, N.Y. – The 2020 Progressive® Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition, the northeast’s premier fishing, hunting and travel event, transforms Rockland Community College into an outdoors paradise Feb. 27-Mar. 1, featuring the latest and greatest in hunting and fishing gear, major fishing tackle manufacturers, trusted brand names and independent local retailers. The multi-generational tradition of the ‘Great Outdoors’ continues as families can spend the day comparing and shopping newly released and hard-to-find products for their outdoor needs, plus enjoy a variety of free educational seminars and attractions for all ages and skill levels.
The annual four-day event will showcase more than 250 exhibitors selling thousands of products from the boating, kayak, fishing, hunting and taxidermy industries, along with daily seminars on a variety of outdoor topics – from saltwater and freshwater fishing to hunting – led by nationally recognized experts.
Additional event highlights include:
- Fishing 101 Interactive Center: Experts will be available to provide one-on-one personalized insight and hands-on demonstrations geared to new anglers. Techniques being taught include knot tying, bait rigging, places to fish, equipment needed, catching techniques and more.
- The Hawg Trough – 5,000-gallon fish tank: The Hawg Trough will be loaded with monster largemouth bass, and the nation’s top pros will demonstrate the latest tried-and-true lures. The BEST way to see how a lure acts in the water is to see it firsthand.
- Live Birds of Prey Exhibit: From Friday through Sunday, see live birds of prey up-close and to learn about the impressive adaptations and behaviors of these remarkable animals. Experts will be on hand to discuss the conservation issues that impact them and how to make a difference.
- Fishing Simulator: Grab the rod and hold on to hook a big one at the realistic fishing simulator. Watch on a large screen TV as the fish that’s been hooked jumps and dives while the pull on the line exactly simulates the action of the fish. Fun for anglers of all ages.
- Saltwater Superday and Whitetail Superday: Featuring a series of special seminars dedicated to these two sports, and – new for 2020 – a panel discussion and giveaways.
- Family Day: On Sunday, March 1, children ages 11 and under will receive free admission into the exposition, with the first 100 children receiving a gift upon entry (while supplies last). Once inside, children can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in the opportunity to visit the Grand Prize Giveaway Booth, where all participants will walk away with a prize.
- Rod’s Go Free: Thursday, February 27 kicks off the exposition with a splash! Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod – or a variation of the name – will receive free admission with a valid form of identification. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.
WHERE: Rockland Community College Field House, 145 College Rd., Suffern, NY 10901
WHEN: Thursday, February 27 – Sunday, March 1, 2020
- Thursday: 1:00PM – 8:00PM
- Friday: 12:00PM – 8:00PM
- Saturday: 9:30AM – 7:00PM
- Sunday: 9:30AM – 5:00PM
TICKETS: Tickets are for sale online: https://suffern.sportshows.com/
- Adults: $14
- Ages 6-11: $3
- Children 5 and under get in for FREE when accompanied by an adult
- All children ages 11 and under will receive free admission on Sunday, March 1
About the Progressive® Insurance World Outdoor Fishing and Outdoor Exposition®
The Progressive Insurance World Outdoor Fishing and Outdoor Exposition is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.
BML Public Relations