New Duck Dash raises money for charity Where can you find sidewalk sales, art demos, musical entertainment....and a strolling duck? Skaneateles, N.Y. - The Curbstone Festival returns July 19-21 along Genesee, Jordan and Fennell streets in Skaneateles. The hours for the event, featuring more than 30 merchants, are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The event is organized by the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce. Among the sales and specials sure to delight shoppers:
- Imagine will offer pottery demonstrations at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. each day, along with 50 percent off a wide array of jewelry, glass, pottery and wood, and many in-store specials.
- The Sherwood Inn will host free tastings of wines from Owera Vineyards from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
- Skaneateles Artisans will offer demos from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Saturday. Linda Bishop will demonstrate freeform weaving Thursday; Teresa Vitale will demonstrate abstract painting techniques Saturday.
- Fleur-de-lis Florist will present an inventory clearance, with 75 percent off select ceramic containers, 50 percent off silk flower arrangements, and ribbons galore from 10 cents to $3.
- Rhubarb Kitchen Shop will offer 50 percent off gadgets, acrylic ware and cookware items.
- Creekside Books & Coffee will feature clearance items marked down by 50 to 70 percent, drink samples, and a complimentary 16-ounce drink of your choice with $30 book purchase from the café.
###Contact: Susan Dove Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce 315-685-0552 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.skaneateles.com/