Niagara County, N.Y. - The Niagara Wine Trail wineries have partnered with local food banks and charitable organizations to ensure a bountiful upcoming holiday season for area residents in need. During the annual Share the Bounty event, held Veterans Day weekend, November 8th - 11th, participating Niagara Wine Trail wineries will be accepting non-perishable food items and/or monetary donations in exchange for wine tastings to benefit the food bank or non-profit of their choice. Share the Bounty will be held Friday from Noon - 5 PM, Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM, Sunday from Noon - 5 PM and Monday from Noon - 5 PM. Partnerships for Share the Bounty include (with more to be announced):
- Schulze Vineyards - Donations will benefit the Newfane Community Food Pantry. Accepting non-perishable goods for tastings (1 item per taste, up to 3 tastes), or a $2 donation for 3 tastes.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor - Donations will benefit the Barker Food Pantry. Donate a canned good/toiletry item for a taste up to $3. Cash donations (tasting fee) also accepted.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery - Tasting fees will go to benefit Foodlink.
- Long Cliff Winery - All tasting fees (3 tastes for $3 or 5 tastes for $5) will be donated to Western New York's Toys for Tots. Additionally, the winery is a toy drop-off site throughout the holiday season. Guests can drop off a NEW, UNWRAPPED toy for 20% off their bottle purchase.
- Eveningside Vineyards - All tasting fees will be donated to theResponse to Love Center in Buffalo.
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards - Tasting fees will be donated to the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation. $1 per bottle from the sale of Reserve Meritage and Syrah wines will also be donated this weekend.
- A Gust of Sun Winery - All tasting fees will be donated to theWNY Heroes organization. Or, donate one non-perishable, non-expired food item in exchange for one taste of wine. Food items will be donated to the local food bank.
- Black Willow Winery - All tasting fees ($2) and a portion of all wine and chocolate tastings will go to benefit Wild Spirit Education. The organization will be at the winery on Saturday and Sunday with their birds, demonstrations, and information.
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars - Donations will benefit the Salvation Army of Lockport. 1 tasting per each non-perishable item donated up to 3.
- Freedom Run Winery - Donations will go to benefit the Meals on Wheels of Lockport. Accepting donations and non-perishable goods for tastings.
- Flight of Five Winery - Tasting fees ($3 to sample 3 wines) will benefit St. John's Outreach in Lockport. The winery will also be accepting donations of non-perishable goods for St. John's food pantry.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery - Tasting fees will benefit Niagara Hospice in Lockport.
- Spring Lake Winery - Tasting fees will benefit the Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo.
- Vizcarra Vineyards - Tasting fees will benefit the Zion Lutheran Church food bank in Gasport.
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate - For each non-perishable food item donated your tasting fee will be reduced by $1 (regular tasting fee is $3, so 3 or more food items donated will earn a free tasting). All items donated will benefit the Wilson Community Food Bank, Wilson NY (a member of Food Bank of WNY).
- Chateau Niagara Winery -Donations will benefit the Food Bank of WNY. Accepting non-perishable goods for tastings (1 item per taste, up to 3 tastes), or a $3 donation for 3 tastes of wine.
###Media Contact: Elizabeth Maute Trail Coordinator 716.812.4866 / email@example.com