Behind-the-Scenes of a Legend New Visitors Center Open Schenectady, N.Y. - Proctors invites area residents and visitors to enjoy a free walking tour of Proctors arts and entertainment complex in Downtown Schenectady. It all takes place on Sunday, April 29. Participants are invited to brown-bag the event or enjoy a cozy lunch at the Theatre's refurbished Apostrophe Café. At 10 AM on Sunday, April 29, the free, open-to-the-public informational event will start in front of the Mainstage doors in the Golub Family Arcade and proceed to high points within the complex: backstage, dressing rooms, the GE Theatre at Proctors. The tour of the historic State Street site will include the recently opened Schenectady Heritage Visitors Center. The April 29 tour includes:
- an informal, narrated history of Frederick Freeman Proctor and his impact on arts and entertainment in the extended Capital Region;
- an overview of the architectural high points of the Proctors complex;
- the new stage-house -- now three times larger than the original stage;
- an insider's look at backstage;
- the star dressing rooms;
- Proctors museum and
- Robb Alley and the Underground at Proctors
- For additional Tour Information, contact Marilyn Sassi, (518) 377-3282; email@example.com
- For more information about Proctors, including a brief history, visit proctors.org.
- For additional information on the Schenectady Heritage Area Visitors Center, contact Maureen Gebert, firstname.lastname@example.org. (518) 382-5147.
###Contact: Thom O'Connor 518-382-3884 X166 email@example.com