Fish for trophy bass and fly fish on scenic Catskills' streams all season long Greene County, N.Y. - Fish for trophy bass and angle for trout in the Great Northern Catskills of Greene County New York this spring. Just two hours north of New York City and 3.5 hours west of Boston, the Catskills offer world class fishing in a spectacular natural setting. Fish the Catskills' quiet mountain streams, clear lakes and the deep waters of the Hudson River. Cast a line for trophy bass on the Hudson River or fly fish on the Schoharie Creek, offering some of the best Brown Trout populations in eastern waterways. Trout season is now open on all Catskill waterways, and Black Bass season will open June 16th. Catskills bass fishing tournaments kick off with the Rip Van Winkle Rod & Gun Club Striped Bass Tournament on May 5. The tournament is open to all ages - weigh in for your chance to win the $500 first place prize. Great Northern Catskills outdoor events are held throughout the season on the Hudson River, and include:
- Greene County Youth Fishing & Derby Day, May 19 at the Historic Catskill Point. For more information, call (518)945-2912.
- Massachusetts Bass Federation State Championship, August 23 - 24 at Dutchman's Landing Park in Catskill. For more information, call (413)348-4951.
- New Jersey Bass Federation Tournament, October 7 at the Historic Catskill Point in Catskill. For more information, call (856)557-1355.
- 4th Annual Hudson River Challenge Open Benefit Tournament to support our troops, October 14 at the Historic Catskill Point in Catskill. For more information, call (516)242-9491.
- Bergen Bassmasters Bassin' Lane Open Tournament, November 4 at Dutchman's Landing Park in Catskill. For more information, call (917)217-9350.
###Contact: Rebecca Steffan email@example.com (518) 523-9258