Penn Yan, NY – October 21, 2008 - So many skiers fell in love with their sport when a ski area was a family affair, with the owners running the rope tows and neighborhood kids running the hot cocoa shack. That experience in has not been lost in the Finger Lakes, where great family resorts let you say goodbye to $100 lift tickets, 30-minute lift lines and spending the day trying to find your family instead of skiing with them. See a Google Map of all ski areas. Syracuse Area
- Greek Peak, in Virgil, with 32 trails, six lifts, and a vertical drop of 950 feet. All day lift ticket (adult) is $58.
- Song Mountain, just south of Syracuse, with 24 trails, five lifts, and 700 feet of vertical drop. All day lift ticket is $39. http://www.songmountain.com
- Toggenberg Mountain, in Fabius, with 24 trails, five lifts, and a 700 foot drop. All day lift ticket is $40. http://www.skitog.com/
- Labrador Mountain, in Truxton, with 22 trails, four lifts, and a drop of 700 feet. An all day lift ticket is $38. http://labradormtn.com
- Four Seasons, in Fayetteville, has four trails, two lifts, and a 100-foot vertical drop. An all-day ticket is $17. http://www.fourseasonsgolfandski.com
- Swain Resort, in Swain, with 23 trails, four lifts, and 650 feet of skiing. Four hour ticket is $37. For the real old-time skiing experience, Swain also operates a rope tow at Monroe County’s Northampton and Powder Mills Parks, where an all-day ticket costs only $6 and a season pass $35. http://www.swain.com
- Bristol Mountain, in Canandaigua, with 33 trails, five lifts, and a vertical of 1,200 feet. An all-day ticket is $54. http://www.bristolmountain.com
- Brantling, in Sodus, with 10 trails, six lifts, and a vertical of 240 feet. An all-day ticket is $30. http://www.brantling.com/
Ski ClubsHearkening back to the original days of North American skiing, these clubs are families of ski enthusiasts banded together to build their own ski slopes.
- Hunt Hollow, in Naples, with 24 trails, three lifts, and a vertical of 825 feet. See their web site at http://www.hunthollow.com for more information.
- Skaneateles Ski Hill, in Skaneateles, with four trails, two lifts, and a vertical of 361 feet. See their web site at http://www.skiskaneateles.com for more information.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please see Matt Montague, 607.257.7000, cell 740 803 5005, firstname.lastname@example.org