- The Bement-Billings Farmstead Museum will be open May 14, 12-4 P.M. Guild members will be there to give tours of the farmhouse, and there will also be a Sign Carving workshop from 9-4:30, at the Newark Valley Middle School Industrial Arts Room, part of the NYSCA Folk Art Series. 607-642-9516. More info. available at www.nvhistory.org.
- Tioga County Historical Museum, 110 Front Street, Owego, NY, highlights the history of Tioga County with a special exhibit called "Time and Tines, Traditions in Clocks and Tableware," wooden works clocks assembled in Tioga County between 1830 and 1850, as well as silverware made before the Civil War. Open Saturday, 10-4 pm. Photographs, table for displays, and more. 607-687-2460. www.tiogahistory.org
- The Susquehanna River Archeological Center, 345 Broad Street, Waverly, NY. This museum exhibits local Native American artifacts as well as a large gift shop filled with gems, rare books, and various styles of unique artwork. Open Saturday, 11-4 pm. Photographs, table for displays and more. 607-565-7960. www.sracenter.org
- Historic Owego Free Cell Phone Walking Tour - A cell phone self-guided walking tour of Owego's historic Front Street homes. Just dial 607-354-4080 and follow the prompts. Also uploadable to your smartphone from http://myoncell.mobi/16073544080. There are 52 historic home stops, describing the history and architecture of each home. You can stop and come back another time to finish. Good for 7 days.
- Round and Square Dance - 7:00 pm. Goodrich Settlement Grange, Goodrich Settlement Road and Glenmary Drive, Owego. Music by Jerry Garrison and "Country Connection." Come with a partner or come alone. $5 donation requested. www.tiogaartscouncil.org or 607-687-0785.