ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. (December 7, 2015) - Visitors to Orange County, N.Y. don't have to worry about getting behind on their holiday shopping. Many top destinations in this Hudson Valley county feature specialty gifts shops with a little something for everyone. Shoppers here can also support some very worthy causes while picking up last minute stocking stuffers.
"Orange County has an eclectic collection of stores and shops that will help you check off everyone on your holiday shopping list," said Orange County Tourism Director Susan Hawvermale. "Spend a day taking in our museums and shops all decked out for the season. The best part is when you shop here you are supporting wonderful causes and places that make Orange County a better place to live and work."
Some Orange County destinations that feature great gift shops include:
• Gillinder Glass: Where historic techniques, brilliant colors and modern designs merge into a kaleidoscopic array of creations by regional artisans. The Gillinder Glass gift store features sun catchers, sea shells, vases, lamps, ornaments, candy dishes, figurines and exquisite, but affordable jewelry. Open Mon.-Fri. 9:30-5:30, Sat. 9:30-4:00, Sun. 12:00-4:00.39 Erie Street, Port Jervis. www.gillinderglassstore.com
• Sugar Loaf Artisan Village: A unique shopping village with an outstanding selection of handmade art, crafts and gifts. Top notch galleries show and sell the work of great painters, photographers, jewelers and potters. Artisans here make custom clothing, leather hand bags and accessories. There are also fine soap makers and high quality candle makers. All shops are open weekends. www.sugarloafnewyork.com
• Harness Racing Museum Gift Shop: This gift shop on the main concourse features items for horse and history lovers. Proceeds support the Museum's mission, to protect the past and promote the future of the sport of Harness Racing. The quality merchandise is selected because of its connection to the Standardbred horse. Open daily 10:00-5:00. 240 Main Street, Goshen. www.harnessmuseum.com/giftshop.htm
• Arboretum Holiday Boutique: Operates in the Ottaway Education Center at the Orange County Arboretum and offers handmade ornaments, wreaths, garland, fresh centerpieces, miniature trees, hand knitted hats and scarves, birdhouses, holiday linens, and honey from the Arboretum's bee hives. Open in conjunction with Holiday Lights in Bloom on Fri., Sat. and Sun. through Dec. 20 from 5:00-8:00. 211 Route 416 Montgomery, NY. www.orangecountyarboretum.org/lightsinbloom.htm
• Daughters of the U.S. Army (DUSA) Gift Shop: Located in the West Point Museum, this nonprofit shop offers military memorabilia and quality souvenirs of the United States Military Academy. The Revolutionary War Drum Stick Pen and Declaration Playing cards are examples of great stocking stuffers for Army buffs. Profits from the gift shop are returned to the West Point and Army communities. Open 10:30-4:00 daily. 2110 New South Post Road, West Point. www.shop.dusagiftshop.org
• Jones Farm and Country Store: All-natural and gourmet foods can be found here. Local jams, caramels, and spices make perfect gifts for gourmets and foodies alike. Clearwaters Gifts: Located in the old Jones Farm dairy barn is one of the largest gift, decorative and personal accessories stores in the Hudson Valley. Enjoy room after room of children's toys, jewelry, accessories, candles and more. Open Mon.-Fri. 8:00-6:00, Sat. & Sun. 8:00-5:00. 190 Angola Road, Cornwall. www.jonesfarminc.com
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism's Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It's a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism's innovative and user friendly new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county's tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.
For more information, contact:
Focus Media, Inc.