Rochester, N.Y. – When it comes to golf, other parts of the country may get most of the attention. Don’t discount New York.
Utilizing a new online service, visitors to upstate New York are quickly discovering they can take advantage of the area’s scenic charm – and get in some great golf on top championship courses – all with one telephone call or a few website clicks.
It’s called the New York Golf Trail (), the result of a collaboration between several highly rated upstate New York golf clubs, restaurants and hotels clustered around six of the state’s most popular vacation destinations.
“It shouldn’t come as a surprise, said Scott Christian, spokesman for the NY Golf Trail. “One network golf analyst recently said that ‘New York State has more beautiful golf courses than any other spot on earth.’ We’re just want to make sure golf enthusiasts know what others have known for years.”
Enthusiasm is beginning to grow. Seven new golf clubs have joined the Golf Trail this year, bringing the total to 22 courses. And together with lodging partners Marriott, Hampton Inn and Hilton, they’re getting kudos from a clientele that includes many U.S. and international visitors who are already planning future trips.
"Our golf trip was absolutely amazing. It far exceeded our expectations,” said Andrew from Ontario, Canada. “We had a wonderful, wonderful time and we're planning on coming back.”
“The courses were stunning. We were not disappointed in any aspect of the trip,” he said.
Golfers can plan their own vacation with just one call or e-mail. One simply visits www.nygolftrail.com or calls 1-800-614-7450. Golf Trail reservation agents make all advance tee times and hotel arrangements, obtaining the lowest possible golf and lodging rates, while saving golfers time and effort. Vacations can be planned around these destinations:
· Lake Placid, offering visitors year-round Olympic experiences like bobsledding, as well as the majestic Adirondack mountains, a bustling Main Street with shopping and restaurants and great golfing on courses like The Whiteface Club & Resort on Mirror Lake.
· Saratoga, with its famed racetrack, lively Broadway Avenue and Saratoga National Golf Club, ranked by Golf Digest as one of America’s Top 100 public courses. Saratoga is the August place to be!
· Cooperstown, home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and the prestigious Leatherstocking Golf Course on Otesaga Lake, voted 55th Best Golf Resort in the US by readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine.
· The Finger Lakes, boasting hundreds of wineries, numerous scenic drives and championship courses, including the renowned Bristol Harbour Resort overlooking Canandaigua Lake. The course record belongs to Jack Nicklaus.
· Central New York, with charming towns like Baldwinsville and the only Nicklaus Design golf course in upstate New York, Timber Banks Golf Course.
· The Hudson Valley, highlighted by The Golf Club at Mansion Ridge, designed by none other than Jack Nicklaus himself. Be sure to visit the nearby U.S. Military Academy at West Point, overlooking the Hudson River.
There’s more. The golf trail also includes classic layouts by some of the game’s greatest designers—Robert Trent Jones, Donald Ross and Seymour Dunn.
“Their innovative work offer both novices and pros a rewarding day on the course amid spectacular settings,” Christian said. “Majestic pines, gorgeous lakes and abundant wildlife make New York a golfer’s paradise.”
For a listing of all courses and vacation packages visit www.nygolftrail.com
Bowers Communications: 1-585-247-4999