Registrations now open for Walkway members and general public for July, 4th 2018 event
Poughkeepsie, N.Y. – The Walkway organization will once again offer the public an opportunity to view of the City of Poughkeepsie’s annual fireworks display from Walkway Over the Hudson State Park on the Fourth of July.
“Watching fireworks from the Walkway is a unique patriotic experience!” said Walkway Executive Director Elizabeth Waldstein-Hart. “This event has become an annual tradition for many Hudson Valley residents—a way to celebrate Independence Day, joining with family, friends and the community.”
Reservations to this annual community event sponsored by the Walkway Over the Hudson organization and other area businesses can be purchased online or at participating local establishments (see below).
Walkway Members can purchase tickets now online for $10.00 at walkway.org. General admission tickets are $12.50 each and can be purchased online and at participating stores. Children 10 and under are free although registration and tickets are required. Everyone entering the park must have a wristband for admittance to the event.
Please note that tickets have sold out in previous years. In the unlikely event that tickets are not sold out in advance, remaining tickets will be available for purchase (cash preferred) at both the Highland and Poughkeepsie entrances of the bridge.
On Wednesday, July 4th the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park will close to the public at 4:00 p.m. for setup and safety preparations, then will reopen at 7:00 p.m. for those with valid tickets. The City of Poughkeepsie fireworks display will begin between 9-9:30 p.m.
If the fireworks are postponed due to severe weather, the event will be rescheduled for Thursday, July 5. Notification will occur via the Walkway Over the Hudson Facebook page, Twitter, walkway.org and local iHeart radio stations.
Due to the nature of the 4th of July event, all ticket holders must adhere to these special event guidelines:
- Recommend wristbands be purchased in advance. Tickets are limited.
- There will be NO elevator access during the event.
- NO dogs or bicycles will be allowed on the Walkway.
- NO rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or firearms.
- Walkway is a smoke- and alcohol-free park.
- Visitors are advised to bring a flashlight.
- Bag inspections will take place at entrances.
- $10.00 for Walkway members, available for purchase online only at walkway.org.
- $12.50 for the general public, available for purchase online at walkway.org or at participating stores including:
- Adams Fairacre Farms in Poughkeepsie & Wappingers Falls
- Pomod’oro Pizza Cafe in Highland
- Ma & Pa’s Kettle Corn at the Walkway Highland Entrance
- Walkway State Park Pavilions at the Poughkeepsie & Highland Entrances on weekends.
- Children 10 and under are free and but must register for free tickets at www.walkway.org
PLEASE NOTE: All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued to ticket holders.
Those with valid tickets are encouraged to carpool and to park at various City of Poughkeepsie and Town of Lloyd locations, or approved on-street parking spaces, and allow ample time to get to the Walkway in time for the fireworks. Ticket holders may access the Walkway from either the East or West entrances. On July 4th, the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park will close at 4:00 PM. The Park will re-open at 7:00 p.m..
The celebration on the Walkway is made possible by the City of Poughkeepsie, Town of Lloyd, New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, NY State Park Police, local law enforcement, iHeart Media, Mobile Life Support and Walkway staff and volunteers. Visit www.walkway.org for more info or call 845-454-9649.