Local Chamber's Family Friendly Carnival Theme Event Watkins Glen, N.Y. - The 2013 Summer Rendezvous promises fun for everyone! The Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce's summer fundraiser is right around the corner and for the first time we are offering an evening summer event for our members AND their families! In addition to family and friends, we will be joined by some pretty impressive leaders taking on some pretty fun challenges. Please see below for more details on who will be in our dunk tank and who's competing for our "chamber cup". When: July 17, 2013 Time: 5 PM - 8 PM Where: Watkins Glen International, 2790 County Route 16, Watkins Glen, NY - The Glen Club The annual summer fundraiser has always been an event where members let their hair down and enjoy themselves, but this year we promise even more fun! This year's event will keep favorite familiar elements of year's past but will also add new and exciting elements to the evening! Please see below for a full listing of event elements:
- Back by Popular Demand! Balloon Fest - Attendees buy balloons ($10/each) enclosed with prizes and pop them to find the winner. Three cash prizes are offered: $100, $75, and $50. Balloons will be provided by Crystal City Wedding & Party Center.
- Pony Rides - Painted Bar Stables will be on hand offering pony rides.
- Carnival Games - carnival style games will be set up and prizes will be awarded for play.
- Mom's Star, The Clown - Mom's Star will be on hand entertaining the crowd and measuring smiles.
- Dunk Tank - presented by Carl Blowers (Hawk's View Consulting and President of the Chamber Board of Directors) will have a terrific line up of the following ‘dunkees': Senator Thomas O'Mara, Assemblyman Phil Palmesano, Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup, Mayor Mark Swinnerton, and Schuyler Hospital President Andrew Manzer, and Chamber President Rebekah LaMoreaux. This is a dunk tank line-up you won't want to miss!!!
- Celebrity Sack Race for the Chamber Cup - the following pairs will race until one winner receives the chamber cup!
- Race #1 - Senator Thomas O'Mara vs. Michael Printup
- Race #2 - Assemblyman Phil Palmesano vs. Andrew Manzer
- Race #3 - Mayor King vs. Mayor Swinnerton
- Race #4 - Surprise participants
# # #2013 Summer Rendezvous Event Schedule TIME EVENT 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Registration 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Balloon Festival Sales & 50/50 Ticket Sales 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Ticket Sales, Carnival Games*, Pony Rides*, Bouncy House*, Face & 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Painting & Mom's Star, The Clown 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. Dinner Break - corndogs, cheeseburger sliders, pork BBQ sliders, Italian sausage, pasta salad, coleslaw, green salad, mini funnel cakes, and mini cheesecakes (dinner will be available 6-8:00 p.m.) 6:45 - 6:55 p.m. Brief Welcoming Comments Balloon Festival "Popping" 50/50 Drawing Chamber Cash Prize Drawing 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. Celebrity Sack Race (Watch contestants battle it out for the ‘Chamber Cup'and bragging rights for the year!) o Race #1 - Senator Thomas O'Mara vs. WGI President Michael Printup o Race #2 - Assemblyman Phil Palmesano vs. Schuyler Hospital CEO Andrew Manzer o Race #3 - Mayor King vs. Mayor Swinnerton o Race #4 - Stewart Field, Schuyler Co. Legislator vs. Phil Barnes, Schuyler Co. Legislator 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Celebrity Dunk Tank Schedule (Sponsored by Hawk's View Consulting) & 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. Phil Barnes, Schuyler Co. Legislator 5:15 p.m. Stewart Field, Schuyler Co. Legislator 5:30 p.m. Andrew Manzer, Schuyler Hospital CEO 5:45 p.m. Senator Thomas O'Mara 6:00 p.m. Assemblyman Phil Palmesano 6:15 p.m. Michael Printup, WGI President 7:30 p.m. Mayor Mark Swinnerton 7:45 p.m. Rebekah LaMoreaux, Chamber CEO *Please note: Carnival Games, Pony Rides and Bouncy House tickets will be sold at $1/1 ticket or $10/15 tickets. The following carnival games will be available: rubber duck pond, ring toss, milk jug toss, and football toss. Tickets necessary for play will vary.