Brookside property was purchased as parkland through the Clean Water Act, naming Great South Bay Audubon Society as stewards for the property. This is also a historic property and had been part of the Isaac Green Estate, built in 1897.
The Green's Creek running along the east side of the property empties into Great South Bay. The rhododendrons that border the main lawn were mostly planted by the last owner, Mrs. Thurber throughout her 50-year stay. The GSBAS chapter is monitoring birds present on the property to date and has logged more than 118 species of birds.