Coronavirus Resources for Travelers
As New York State moves through its phased reopening of businesses by industry and region, please check with venues and attractions for information on openings, capacity, and available amenities before making plans. For more information on the New York Forward business reopening plan, visit forward.ny.gov.
Coronavirus is still spreading in New York. New Yorkers are required to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distance in public.
We continue to monitor the situation and will provide tourism-related updates. Travelers are encouraged to visit the New York State Department of Health website. You can also sign up for coronavirus updates from Governor Cuomo.
If you have a business that was impacted by coronavirus, please visit Empire State Development for information on available resources.
- Hotels, marinas, and outdoor, low-risk recreational activities such as parks, drive-in theaters, tennis, golf, and rental of non-motorized watercraft are permitted so long as social distancing and cleaning/disinfecting measures are in place.
- Bars and restaurants are open for takeout only.
- New York State has temporarily waived all park entrance fees.
- Campgrounds and RV parks opening Statewide.
- In coordination with neighboring states, public and private beaches are open with certain restrictions.
- Governor Cuomo issued an Executive Order authorizing businesses to deny entry to individuals not wearing masks or face-coverings.
- Horse racing tracks statewide and Watkins Glen International Racetrack will be allowed to open without fans as of June 1st.
- Governor Cuomo issued an executive order requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- CDC: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- Local NYS County Health Departments
- NYC Department of Health
- US Travel Association - Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)