Coronavirus Resources for Travelers
Governor Cuomo has put NY State on PAUSE: All non-essential workers are directed to work from home, and everyone is required to maintain a six-foot distance from others in public.
As cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread worldwide and throughout the United States, including New York State, we continue to monitor the situation and will provide tourism-related updates. We encourage all travelers to visit the New York State Department of Health website for official information regarding the state’s response to the coronavirus. You can also sign up for coronavirus updates from Governor Cuomo.
If you have a business that was impacted by coronavirus, please visit Empire State Development for information on available resources.
- All non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned.
- Retail shopping malls, amusement parks and bowling alleys are closed in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, until further notice.
- Casinos, gyms, theaters are closed until further notice.
- Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
- New York State is waiving all park fees in state, local and county parks.
- Matilda’s Law is enacted to protect New Yorkers age 70+ and those with compromised immune systems:
- Remain indoors
- Can go outside for solitary exercise
- Pre-screen all visitors by taking their temperature
- Wear a mask in the company of others
- Stay at least 6 feet from others
- Do not take public transportation unless urgent and absolutely necessary
- CDC: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- Local NYS County Health Departments
- NYC Department of Health
- US Travel Association - Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)