The Buskirk Covered Bridge is the only inter-county covered bridge in New York State, joining Rensselaer and Washington Counties. It is one of four covered bridges still standing in Washington County. Built by Peter Osterhauth, Charles Newman, James Roberts and Charles Ingalls in 1857, this 158-foot-long, single span structure incorporates the Howe truss design patented in 1840, and improved in 1850, by William Howe of Springfield, Massachusetts. It is one of only three Howe truss bridges in New York State. This bridge is listed on the State and National Register of Historic Places.