• Accessibility
Menu Close

Eagleville Covered Bridge


An official Path Through History Site! The Eagleville Covered Bridge is one of four covered bridges still standing in Washington County. It is owned and maintained by the county and carries traffic across the Batten Kill .Built by Ephraim W. Clapp in 1858, this 100-foot-long, single span structure incorporates the Town lattice truss design patented on January 28, 1820, and again in 1835 by Ithiel Town of New Haven, Connecticut. At least two unknown bridges at this crossing pre-date the present one. For the residents of Eagleville, the bridge made easy access across the river to Cambridge and Vermont. After 1852, those who wanted to catch a Delaware and Hudson Railroad passenger train, or ship their goods by freight, could travel south to the Cambridge depot or north-west to the Shushan depot .Despite flood waters, wind and harsh winters, the bridge has staying power



  • Free/Donations Accepted:

Things To Do

  • Covered Bridges:
  • Path Through History: