An official Path Through History Site! The Fitch’s Covered Bridge is one of six covered bridges in Delaware County. It is one of three bridges owned and maintained by Delaware County; the other three bridges are privately owned. Built by James Frazier and James Warren in 1870, this 113-foot-long, single span structure incorporates the Town lattice truss design patented on January 28, 1820, and again in 1835 by Ithiel Town of New Haven, Connecticut. The Fitch’s Covered Bridge is one of three covered crossings maintained by Delaware County that still carry traffic across branches of the Delaware River.