An official Path Through History Site! Built in 1912 to aid navigation in Huntington Harbor, the distinctive reinforced concrete lighthouse, which includes a light keeper's dwelling, was automated in 1949 and is still operational. The Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society was established in 1985 to rescue the deteriorated landmark and has overseen the lighthouse's rehabilitation. It was the first nonprofit organization in the country to successfully manage the restoration of an offshore lighthouse. Guided tours are available throughout the summer.