An official Path Through History Site! The Jacob Blauvelt House was built in 1832. Its gambrel roof, overhanging eaves, and compact size reflect the disappearing 18th-century Dutch houses. The main section, kitchen outbuilding, and common room were built by farmer Jacob Blauvelt. Descendants lived there to 1970 when it was bought by the Historical Society of Rockland Co. Featured are wallpaper, floor covering, Greek Revival woodwork and early 19th-century furnishings made in the lower Hudson Valley. The 19th-century barn contains tools, sleighs, and blacksmith shop.