This extensive park maintains important open space at the southern end of Lake George and preserves major French & Indian War and Revolutionary War battle sites. There are interpretive signs throughout the park. The monuments include Four Unknown Soldiers of the Battle of Lake George 1755. Historical figures feature Father Isaac Jogues, a French Jesuit priest, and the first European to see the lake he named Lac du Saint Sacrement; General William Johnson and King Hendrick of the Mohawks. Remains of an unfinished fort called Fort George can be found. The park is a Path Through History attraction. It is operated by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.