Historic and educational boating exhibits, photographs, displays and classes. Available for group rentals, weddings & banquets also.
The Lawson Boating Heritage Center on Chautauqua Lake's passion is preserving, displaying, and presenting as much of Chautauqua boating history as possible: both its artifacts and it’s singular milieu. Before the 1920s, motorboats on Chautauqua Lake were nearly all large, expensive yachts, bought and maintained by the very wealthy. The Lawson Boat and Engine Company, Inc., precursor of L.S. Aero Marine, virtually introduced the first family-priced and family-sized motorboats to the lake.
From its founding in 1918, the Boat Chandlery at 73 Lakeside Ave. in Bemus Point was constantly in the forefront of family boating on Chautauqua, as the source of nearly one-thousand boats sold, as a treasure-trove of parts, as well as a font of first-hand knowledge and advice. The L. S. Aeromarine Chandlery is the history of family boating on Chautauqua Lake.