An official Path Through History Site! The Mill Brook Covered Bridge (formerly known as the Grants Mill Covered Bridge) is one of five covered bridges still standing in Ulster County. It is owned and maintained by the Town of Hardenburgh and carries pedestrian traffic across Mill Brook. Built by Edgar and Orrin Marks, and Wesley Alton in 1902, this 66-foot-long, single span structure incorporates the Town lattice truss design patented on January 28, 1820, and again in 1835 by Ithiel Town of New Haven, Connecticut. The Mill Brook Covered Bridge is very similar in dimensions and design to other bridges in the Catskill region, all of which feature buttresses. The Mill Brook has four such buttresses on each side. The total cost to build the Mill Brook Covered Bridge in 1902 was $1,027 and the bridge was finished in late November 1902. This bridge was rehabilitated in 1991 by Bob Vredenburgh, great grandson of Edgar Marks, one of the original builders. To assist in the funding of the rehabilitation of this bridge, trunnels were sold to individuals with the stipulation that their names would be imprinted on them. When visiting the bridge, be sure to look for the many names written on the trunnels.