An official Path Through History Site! The Morris Avenue Historic District lines Morris Avenue between East Tremont and East 179th Street in the Bronx. The district consist of attached brownstones built between 1096-1910 by the speculative builder August Jacob to the designs of architect John Hauser and is a notable example of a uniformly planned streetscape, rare in any urban situation. While the structures take the appearance of a single family row house from the 19th century, they are in fact two-family dwellings. The houses reflect early urban development in the Bronx.