An official Path Through History Site! First opening its doors in 1898, the Parrish Art Museum, now housed in a Herzog & de Meuron building, celebrates the artistic legacy of Long Island’s East End, one of America’s most vital creative centers. Since the mid 1950s, the museum has grown from a small village art gallery into an important art museum with a collection of more than 2,600 works of art by contemporary painters and sculptors such as John Chamberlain, Chuck Close, Eric Fischl, April Gornik, Elizabeth Peyton, as well as such masters as Dan Flavin, Roy Lichtenstein, Jackson Pollock, Lee Krasner, and Willem de Kooning. The Parrish houses among of the world’s most important collections of works by the preeminent American Impressionist William Merritt Chase and by the groundbreaking post-war American realist painter Fairfield Porter. A vital cultural resource serving a diverse audience, the Parrish organizes and presents changing exhibitions and offers a dynamic schedule of creative and engaging public programs including lectures, films, performances, concerts, and studio classes for all ages.