An official Path Through History Site! The Salisbury Center Covered Bridge is the only covered bridge still standing in Herkimer County and carries traffic across Spruce Creek. Built by Alvah Hopson in 1875, this 50-foot-long, single span structure incorporates a Burr Arch. It is one of three authentic Burr arch truss bridges (the other two being the Hyde Hall and Perrine’s Covered Bridges) in the state. It is also one of five covered bridges in New York State that has a timber approach. Mr. Hopson built this bridge near his home and then dragged it to the Spruce Creek location where it still stands today. The original construction cost was $478.The area was first settled in the late 18th century. This bridge is an integral part of the town’s history and is pictured in its official seal.