• Accessibility
Menu Close

Schroeppel Historical Society

  • 486 Main St
  • Phoenix, NY 13135
  • (315) 695-6851
Details

The Schroeppel Historical Society is housed in the intact, genuinely antique, English Country Gothic-style building that was St. John’s Episcopal Church, since the 1980s. The ground-breaking for St. John’s occurred in 1910, and the dedication of the completed church was in 1911. Once the building was deeded to the Historical Society, then president, Miss Anne Hughes, started extensive research to have the building placed on the local and state, as well as the National Register of Historic Places. Her efforts, along with detailed photographic documentation by local historian Kenneth Sweet, resulted in National Landmark status for the edifice in 1993.

Amenities

Things To Do

History
  • Historic Sites:
Map