An official Path Through History Site! Believing that creative pursuits enrich our lives, Springville Center for the Arts encourages participation in the arts by all segments of the community. They fulfill their mission by maintaining a center to house performance, exhibition, educational and other arts programs. The church that now houses Springville Center for the Arts is a block north of the East Main-Mechanic Street Historic District across from Fiddler`s Green Park. What was one of five churches that originally lined the Green, the Baptist Church is a representation of an ecclesial design by regional architect Cyrus K. Porter. The original 1869 massing of the church consisted of a steeply gabled 5-bay sanctuary block, a square bell tower at the northeast corner, and a 3-bay gabled wing projecting from the south side of the main block.