TheatreworksUSA's mission is to create and produce live theatre of the highest quality, to make it accessible to the broadest audience of children and families in New York state and across America, and to cultivate emerging theatre writers.
Our legacy of programming ascribes to the following core goals:
• Create shows based on curriculum, history, or literature that stimulate reading and discussion on cultural, historical, and/or social issues and themes.
• Foster and nurture the wealth of talented young writers through professional development opportunities.
• Encourage young people to tap into their own reservoirs of creativity and talent.
• Present role models and encourage positive values through show content.
• Create a valuable theatre experience that children share with their friends and classmates, teachers, and families.
• Develop a life-long appreciation for the arts.
• Build audiences of the future.