An official Path Through History Site! One of four covered bridges in Sullivan County. Built in 1860, 117' single span structure incorporates the Town lattice truss design and is the oldest of the bridges in Sullivan County. The home of Dr. John Mott, Nobel peace prize winner and founder of the YMCA, is adjacent to the bridge. In 1984 the bridge was rehabbed using original construction techniques, methods and materials, including the truss, chords, floor, roof and treenails being replaced. Laminated arches were added for additional support and the bridge was reopened in 1985.