The Village of Andover was incorporated in 1892 and is within the Town of Andover, Allegany County, New York State. The Town of Andover was formed in 1824. The population of the Village was 1,042 at the 2010 Census. Prior to the Village incorporation, the Town was called Bakerstown, quite naturally, since very early settler - Thadeus & Adelpheus Baker - arrived about 1807. It is believed the name Andover was first suggested by James Adams, who was a native of Andover, Vermont. Tree-lined streets, both residential and business, make Andover an attractive place to live and work. Those who commute to major industries in the area find its relaxed ambiance refreshing. Main Street has undergone a facelift, yet has retained the charm of over 192 years of history.