The Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center is located in the 1830 Hugh White Homestead. In 1964, this Greek Revival mansion was scheduled for demolition. However, a group of citizens rallied to save the house and move it from Saratoga Avenue to its present location overlooking the Mohawk River and the old Champlain Canal. The Museum features a permanent exhibition about the history of Waterford, temporary exhibitions related to local history, two Victorian period rooms, and the George and Annabel O'Connor Library for Local History. The house is located at 2 Museum Lane, just off Saratoga Ave(Rte 32) in the town of Waterford. A Path Through History attraction.