An official Path Through History Site! Constructed in 1838, Newburgh’s Dutch Reformed Church is one of the masterpieces of leading mid-19th-century architect Alexander Jackson Davis. The building was patterned after ancient Greek temples, and features four 37-foot-tall columns across the front and a series of floor-to-ceiling windows along the sides. The interior contains excellent Greek Revival detailing. For years the church served as a landmark for ships sailing upriver. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 2001, it is currently undergoing restoration.