An official Path Through History Site! The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center was founded in 1864 as the Vassar College Art Gallery. The facility was designed by Cesar Pelli and named in honor of primary donor Frances Lehman Loeb. The collections cover art from antiquity to the present and comprise over 18,000 paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, photographs, textiles, and glass and ceramic wares. Holdings include the Warburg Collection of Old Master prints, Hudson River School paintings , and works by major European and American twentieth century painters.