Built in 1909, The Otesaga Resort Hotel exudes the charm and gracious hospitality of a bygone era. A magnificent Federal-style edifice with an imposing front portico supported by massive 30-foot columns, The Otesaga occupies 700 feet of lakefront on the southern shore of pastoral Otsego Lake, the famed "Glimmerglass" of James Fenimore Cooper's novels. The Otesaga, a 132-room resort, and still owned by the Clark family, has appealed to travelers visiting Cooperstown's historic attractions for more than a century. The Otesaga was voted one of the "Top 50 U.S. Golf Resorts" by Cond-Nast Traveler readers because it combines gracious hospitality, first-rate accommodations and fine dining. The Otesaga offers first-class dining options as well as an array of sports and recreational facilities, including a heated outdoor pool, fitness room, bicycle rentals, canoeing, boating and paddleboarding, lake swimming, tennis courts, and a spa. A member of the Historic Hotels of America and a AAA Four-Diamond hotel, it is open from mid-April through October. The Hotel is available to groups for meetings or weddings during the off-season (December to mid-April) who book at least 60 rooms per night.