• Accessibility
Menu Close

Five Arch Bridge

  • 2100 Avon Geneseo Road
  • Avon, NY 14414
  • NA

Located on State Route 39 just south of the village of Avon, this bridge was built by the Genesee Valley Railroad between 1856-1857 and spans the Conesus Lake Outlet on the old Rochester-Avon-Geneseo-Mt. Morris rail line. Avon Five Arch Bridge is a historic railroad arch bridge located at Avon in Livingston County, New York. It was built in 1856–1857 by the Rochester-Avon-Geneseo-Mount Morris Railroad. In 1941, the railroad was abandoned and the rails removed. Eventually, the Village of Avon acquired the surrounding lands for a park. In 2012, the bridge was listed on the State and National Register of Historic Places as an excellent example of masonry arch bridge construction.



  • Free/Donations Accepted:
Trip Advisor