Skaneateles, N.Y. -- Ready, set, shop! And prepare to be wowed. Skaneateles’ Curbstone Festival and Sidewalk Sales return July 21-23 along Genesee, Jordan and Fennell streets. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. “Curbstone is one of Skaneateles’ iconic traditions,” says Hilary Fenner, executive director of the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce. “The streets come alive with unique offerings, while children are enchanted by balloon art and juggling. Everyone has the best time!”
More than 40 merchants will take part. Among the sales and specials sure to delight shoppers:
- Rhubarb Kitchen Shop will celebrate its 30th anniversary with prize drawings, gifts with purchase, sales on Swiss Diamond cookware and Cuisinart products, and guests from Ayvaco, Clean Slate Farm, Finger Lakes Harvest and Tap Root Fields. Check the shop’s Facebook or Instagram accounts for dates and times.
- Fleur de lis Floral Design will offer specials on succulents, cacti and assorted small house plants.
- The Wandering Kind will offer 20-60% off dresses, tops, shorts, jeans, jewelry and accessories.
- Emma + James will offer 30% off clearance items and 40% off select full-price items.
- Hap + Main will offer 30% off clearance items and random discounts on full-price items.
- Skaneateles300 will feature deep discounts on shoes, accessories, denim, dresses and more.
- The Local Branch will offer up to 50% off handmade leather bags/accessories, hand-printed apparel and home goods; 10% off full-price purchases over $100 inside the store; and a free gift each day with email signup.
- Drooz + Co. will offer sales on household goods and decor, gift items, puzzles and jewelry.
- Sea Culture and Sakran & Shaw will offer 15% off in-store items and sale racks outside the store.
- The Savage Homestead will offer 50% off a large selection of discontinued soy candle scents, 25-60% off additional items, and free deluxe samples with purchases over $75.
New to the festival this year are Forge Gone Conclusions, Hap + Main, Hidden Lake Designs, Lake Life Laser Studio, Skan Drone, The PostCard Project and Tipico Roots.
Several nonprofit organizations will be on hand, including the Alzheimer’s Association, Baltimore Woods, Eastern Farm Workers Association, Skaneateles Festival and Skaneateles Foundation. The Barrow Gallery will offer raffle prizes and sell limited edition giclée prints and notecards featuring Barrow’s paintings and poems. The gallery is open extended hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., throughout the event; admission is free with any purchase.
Entertainment will be provided too. The Jackman Twins, known for their magic, juggling and balloon art, will perform from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, noon to 3 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. On Friday, the Skaneateles Community Band will perform at the Gazebo starting at 7:30 p.m. (Rain location is the Austin Park Pavilion, 1 E. Austin St.)
Sightseeing cruises will be offered each day by Mid-Lakes Navigation. For schedule updates, go to midlakesnav.com. Tickets can be ordered online, by calling 315-685-8500 or in person at 3 W. Genesee St.
Parking for the Curbstone Festival is available at metered spots along the street or in the municipal lot (accessed through Genesee or State streets), where parking is 75 cents an hour and all-day parking is $6. Free parking is available on various side streets and by the Austin Park Pavilion (across from St. Mary’s Church on Jordan Street).