Saratoga Springs, NY (January 10, 2023) — The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College welcomes visitors to explore the Museum and exhibitions through guided tours with curators and Tang Guides. Curator’s Tours are given by exhibition organizers, who work closely with artists and can provide valuable insights. Tang Guide Tours are given by visitors’ services staff, including Skidmore College students, who are trained in various methods of talking about art and interacting with visitors.
- Thursday, January 19, noon: Curator’s Tour of Parallax: Framing the Cosmos with Associate Curator Rebecca McNamara
- Thursday, February 9, noon: Curator’s Tour of Lauren Kelley: Location Scouting with Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman
- Thursday, March 9, noon: Curator’s Tour of Christine Sun Kim: Oh Me Oh My with Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman
- Thursday, April 13, noon: Curator’s Tour of Triangles within a Square: Art and Mathematics with Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman
- Thursday, May 11, noon: Behind the Scenes Tour with Curatorial Assistant Evan Little
Tang Guide Tours
- Sundays at 2 pm, January 29 through April 30: The Tang Guide giving the tour will be announced on the Tang website at https://tang.skidmore.edu
Spring 2023 Exhibitions
- Christine Sun Kim: Oh Me Oh My, February 18–July 16
- Elevator Music 45: Neil Leonard—Sonance for the Precession, through March 12
- Hyde Cabinet #19: Cross My Heart, through February 26
- Lauren Kelley: Location Scouting, through September 10
- Matter of Faith—Medieval Art from the Hyde Collection, through April 16
- Parallax: Framing the Cosmos, through June 19
- Triangles within a Square: Art and Mathematics, January 28–April 23
All tours are free and open to the public. No reservations are required. For more information, contact the Visitors Services Desk at 518-580-8080, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://tang.skidmore.edu.
Note: The museum is currently closed for building maintenance and is scheduled to reopen on Saturday, January 14. Regular hours are Thursday noon to 9 pm; Friday–Sunday noon to 5 pm.
About the Tang Teaching Museum
The Tang Teaching Museum at Skidmore College is a pioneer of interdisciplinary exploration and learning. A cultural anchor of New York’s Capital Region, the institution’s approach has become a model for university art museums across the country—with exhibition programs and series that bring together the visual and performing arts with fields of study as disparate as history, astronomy, and physics. The Tang has one of the most rigorous faculty-engagement initiatives in the nation, the Mellon Seminar, and robust publication and touring exhibition initiatives that extend the institution’s reach far beyond its walls. The Tang Teaching Museum’s building, designed by architect Antoine Predock, serves as a visual metaphor for the convergence of ideas and exchange the institution catalyzes. The museum is closed through Friday, January 13, for building maintenance. It reopens Saturday, January 14, with regular hours, which are Thursdays noon to 9 pm, and Friday through Sunday, noon to 5 pm. More information at http://tang.skidmore.edu.
Caption for attached image: Installation view, Parallax: Framing the Cosmos, Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College, October 1, 2022, through June 19, 2023. Photo by Mindy McDaniel.
Tang Teaching Museum | Skidmore College