Getaway ideas for couples, singles and friends looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day
Orange County, N.Y. (February 10, 2020) – The most romantic day of the year is just around the corner, and the heart of the Hudson Valley beats for everyone looking for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day weekend. Couples can soak up every last drop of romance with a candlelit dinner at one of Orange County’s acclaimed farm-to-table restaurants. Those looking to escape Cupid’s arrow entirely can rock out with friends all night long at a historic performance venue or laugh away their blues at a comedy show.
“A weekend filled with good food, great company, and even better memories awaits in Orange County,” said Orange County Tourism Director Amanda Dana. “Whether you prefer to dine or dance, don’t miss an incredible lineup of events this Valentine’s Day weekend. With charming B&Bs and select hotels, you can take advantage of all that the county has to offer and make the weekend truly unforgettable.”
Some Valentine’s Day events in Orange County, N.Y. include:
- ‘Till Death Do We Sing’ Murder Mystery Dinner, The Meadowbrook, 1290 Route 94, New Windsor, Friday, Feb. 7, 6:00-8:30 p.m.: Make this year a Valentine’s to die for. Impress your sweetie with your killer detective skills, a three-course meal, and a night of whodunit at The Meadowbrook. This Killer Karaoke Clash will bring together the best punk rockers – but one won’t make it out alive. www.eventbrite.com/e/murder-mystery-dinner-till-death-do-we-sing-tickets
- ‘Under the Streetlamp’ Concert, Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center, 1351 Kings Highway, Chester, Friday, Feb. 14, 8:00-10:00 p.m.: Cupid’s arrow can’t compare with the electrifying feelings from an evening of classic hits from the American Radio Songbook. Rock out to the band’s unique blend of tight harmonies and sick dance moves to rock ‘n’ roll favorites and Doo-Wop and Motown hits. www.sugarloafpacny.com
- Laughs at Long Lot, Long Lot Farm Brewery, 153 Johnston Road, Chester, Friday, Feb. 14, 8:00-10:00 p.m.: Love is ale you need! Laugh the night away at Long Lot Farm Brewery’s first ever comedy night starring Monty Mason and featuring Rebecca Cadiz and Billy Doyle. Hosted by Ray Otte, this love fest is free, and if that doesn’t make you smile, maybe some of Long Lot’s grub and cold brews will. At least you can count on the stout for being tall, dark, and handsome. www.facebook.com/events/2720303498008881
- Newburgh: With Love, Lobby at the Ritz Theater, 107 Broadway, Newburgh, Thursday, Feb. 13: Roses are red, violets are blue, these aren’t the poems that are waiting for you. Join the City of Newburgh poet laureate, Mona Toscano, for a reading of her own collection of love poems. Neil Alexander will tickle the ivories with both original and timeless music selections of romance and love. www.safe-harbors.org/the-ritz-theater
- Feed the Heart and Soul Valentine’s Day Dinner, The Grange, 1 Ryerson Road, Warwick, Friday, Feb. 14, 6:30-9:00 p.m.: Thyme is running out to reserve your seat for this five-course dinner at The Grange! Your heart, soul, and belly will be full after five courses of exquisitely prepared dishes, a flute of Prosecco and an amuse-bouche to tempt the palate for your evening of delectable dining adventures. www.facebook.com/events/743108682847555
- Valentine Orchard Stroll – Cheese Fondue & Craft Beverage Pairing, Pennings Farm, 161 State Route 94 S, Warwick, Saturday, Feb. 15, 12:00-4:30 p.m.: Join the apple of your eye for a romantic self-guided hike through Pennings Apple Orchard before feasting on a steamy and creamy cheese fondue for two. Pair your cheesy goodness with two craft beverages of your choice from an extensive selection of craft beer, hard cider and wine. www.facebook.com/events/517587702220020
- Galentine’s Day Brunch, Stagecoach Inn, 268 Main Street, Goshen, Sunday, Feb. 16, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.: To paraphrase Leslie Knope, remember what’s important in life: friends and waffles. The Stagecoach Inn’s brunch menu is way to celebrate the amazing women in your life this Valentine’s Day Weekend. stagecoachny.com/calendar/2020-galentines-brunch
For couples already looking to tie the knot, explore Orange County, N.Y.’s unique wedding venues at orangetourism.org/weddings-special-occasions. From upscale barns and charming B&Bs to historic wineries, picturesque riverboats, and scenic open-air locations, Orange County, N.Y. provides endless inspiration for couples planning a wedding.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county’s tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. Like Orange County Tourism on Facebook for the latest news on local happenings. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.
For more information, contact:
Focus Media, Inc.