Campground to Reopen June 25 Featuring Extensive New Safety and Sanitation Measures
Darien Center, N.Y. — June 15, 2020 — Six Flags Darien Lake today announced plans to reopen its campground on Thursday June 25, 2020. In accordance with New York State’s phased reopening requirements and CDC guidelines, Six Flags Darien Lake is now taking reservations requests for its various cabins, campsites, and RV rentals. Guests will also have access to limited dining and retail amenities in Darien Square including the General Store, Pizza in the Square, and the Arcade. The campground will provide a safe and clean get-away for families looking to spend quality time outdoors.
“Six Flags Darien Lake is fully prepared and thrilled to welcome guests back to our campgrounds as we introduce new hygiene and sanitization procedures to make a safer environment for everyone,” said Park President Chris Thorpe. “The health and safety of our guests, team members and community remains our top priority. We are grateful for the state’s support and confidence in our reopening plans that deliver clean accommodations for families visiting the area.”
The campground’s reopening plan, which meets federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitization, hygiene, and social distancing protocols, is outlined below:
- Multiple alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout common areas;
- Trained and dedicated cleaning teams have been put in place to provide extensive sanitization and disinfecting protocols;
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of high-touch surfaces in all common areas;
- Commercial grade cleaning equipment and supplies will be used.
Campground Guest Safety Information
- Masks will NOT be required while at your campsite with your immediately family. However, you should always have a mask available for when six-foot social distancing may not be possible (when someone visits from an adjacent site, talking walks, interacting with other guests or staff, etc.);
- Masks are required: upon check in, check out, any office on property and areas in Darien Square including the General Store, Pizza in the Square and the Arcade;
- Guests exhibiting signs of fever, sickness, etc. should not visit, and can be refunded upon request;
- Social Distancing rules apply. The only people allowed at your unit are those that are registered to your campsite. You must stay six feet from anyone not registered to your campsite, and wear a mask when visiting common areas, retail, or food locations;
- A new Mobile App will be available for guests to download and use for check-in and check-out as well as ordering take-out food from available restaurants in Darien Square. We are developing this to reduce staff interactions and assist you in your visit to our campground. Information will be forthcoming in follow up correspondence regarding your reservation and before your arrival;
Team Member Care & Health Screenings
- Each employee will receive a health screening before entering the campgrounds, including temperature checks and individuals will be asked if they are healthy and will be required to acknowledge the company’s health policies;
- Frontline team members will go through extensive COVID-19 training;
- All employees will be issued Team Member Action Packs which will include: a safety face mask, safety glasses, and disposable gloves and;
- Regular cleaning and wiping down of team members workspaces;
The above procedures will be constantly evaluated to ensure compliance with state recommendations.
In addition, the accommodations team is seeking qualified individuals to fill a variety of positions in hospitality including housekeeping, grounds upkeep, and other roles. Candidates should apply online at sixflagsjobs.com to schedule an interview.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
For Immediate Release: