Mumford, N.Y. – Genesee Country Village & Museum (GCV&M) is happy to announce that the Museum will be opening to the public on Friday, July 3, and will be open for the July 4th holiday weekend with family-friendly programming to celebrate the occasion. After opening to members only, Genesee Country Village & Museum is looking forward to welcoming everyone onsite to enjoy the Historic Village and Museum safely. In accordance with state and local guidelines, mask-wearing and distancing protocols will be observed.
· Non-members and Members now welcomed to the paths of the Historic Village and trails of the Nature Center!
· GCV&M will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday-Sunday.
· In the Historic Village, most houses will be open with historic interpretation and demonstrations daily. The Wehle Gallery will not be open until July 24.
· Pricing will be $13 adults, $10 seniors & students, $7 youth ages 3-12, children ages 2 and under and GCV&M members are free.
· Masks are required and distancing will be observed. Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged. These will ensure a happy and healthy visit to GCV&M!
· Independence Day celebrations to take place at the Museum July 4, 10am – 4pm.
· Tickets for July 4 for advanced purchase online is $1 off until 5 p.m. on July 3 and includes express entry
· Independence Day festivities will include outdoor games, reading of the Declaration of Independence, music, picnicking, a black powder shoot, and a performance by local Frederick Douglass interpreter David Shakes
· Food, beer, and cider available from the Depot and Freight House, and shopping at Flint Hill Store will also be available every day the Museum is open
· There will be no trolley service available at this time.
Genesee Country Village & Museum, the largest living history museum in New York State, and the third largest in the nation.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in July, 10 am-4 pm each day; Independence Day Celebration July 4, 10 am-4 pm
Genesee Country Village & Museum
1410 Flint Hill Road, Mumford NY 14511
We are excited to be able to open our grounds for everyone to enjoy at Genesee Country Village & Museum. We don’t want you to miss out on the historical and educational events that you’ve relished for years!
Visit https://www.gcv.org/visit/hours-admission/ for more info! Media coverage welcome, contact firstname.lastname@example.org